FULL JOB DESCRIPTION
The primary function of the Senior HVAC Technician is to achieve successful on-site installation, servicing and repair processes of complex equipment and systems without direct supervision.
- Follow detailed work instructions and amend any outdated or incorrect instructions with help of Engineering teams.
- Diagnoses and repairs complex control systems malfunctions requiring extensive knowledge of a variety of electronic or digital controls systems and ability to test and write modifications in multiple languages of systems software.
- Make improvements to training guides and documentation.
- Achieve continuous improvement initiatives in the field to quickly fix any administrative difficulties relating to delivery and installation of proper equipment.
- Communicates with customer upon arrival and before leaving the work site. Ensures high levels of customer satisfaction. Meets regularly with customer to become familiar with operating problems. Keeps customer informed on the nature of service provided, outstanding issues and recommends system enhancements, upgrades, and or replacement. Promotes the sale of add-on work.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in project management, controls, HVAC or related industry.
- Experienced and knowledgeable in contracting processes associated with the installation of building automation systems and managing subcontractors preferred.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license